Saturday, August 25, 2007

just a note for me... for later....

I started a baby afghan tonight. not for me, of course, but for a cow-orker. I needed something to do, and I can't get to the "craft closet" in the "scary bedroom". I don't think I have any appropriate yarn anyway, but I made RTO take me to Michael's to get some. It's pastel green (icy mint, or somesuch)

anyway, still had to get to the closet for knitting needles and row counter, so I just randomly threw stuff across the room. heh.

thing is RTO was supposed to take care of the bulk of that crap before he went back to work and somehow he interpreted that to mean take it all out of the footlockers and cover the floor with it. (and put the footlockers in the other bedroom that's quickly starting to look like the "scary bedroom" itself, anyone need or want a TV?) now he says he can't really make any headway on it until we get some shelves. niiiiiice. so ever so often I say something like, "I'd really like to get to the closet in the scary bedroom" and RTO says, "I can get to it, I don't know what you're talking about" ha ha, he's so cute. so the other day I finally snapped and said, "look, 'getting to the closet' does not mean 'I can lean over two feet of stuff and reach things' it means 'I have a wide area to take the bins out and actually see my stuff'" after being in there tonight I would add, "and open BOTH sets of doors.(oh, and it's not so much leaning over stuff and just standing on it)" cause all the yarn is on the side I can't get to, or I could but I didn't want to take the time to throw more stuff.

this is turning in to much more than what I planned but really, I put up with the "scary bedroom" while he was gone cause he was all, "I'll clean it up when I get back, I promise!!!!" but he hasn't and it's worse than ever and it's spreading. I came this close to mentioning "ye olde boyfriend". he knows who..... and why.

and now he'll probably be all, "why didn't you tell me? instead of making a long rambly blog post?" dunno. cause it's three in the morning and I don't see him much lately thanks to rehearsals and work. *sigh* just a couple more weeks.

anyhoo, we'll see if I get the afghan done before the bebe arrives.

Labels: