Sunday, February 03, 2008

I have reconciled....

with electric blankets.

been meaning to make a post about it, but back around New Year's when our heater died, RTO dug up the electric blanket he'd used in Afghanistan. I've had a deathly fear of electric blankets thanks to my grandmother. When we'd visit her and it was cold out she'd fire one up and as she was tucking us in say, "Now, I've got this electric blanket on so don't move around too much" so of course I had no idea what that meant except that if we moved around "too much" we'd probably burn the house down. so I'd much rather just be cold.

anyhoo, having used one quite a bit lately, I've overcome my fear. RTO is even smart and has it under the fitted sheet so it's really not going anywhere anyway. unless of course I decide to spend some time jumping on the bed, but there's a ceiling fan so I probably won't be doing that either.

Labels: