Monday, April 07, 2008

The return of cheese!

and who better to kick it off than Dean Martin?

Gentle on My Mind - Dean Martin: Dean Martin schmaltzes up some "contemporary" tunes. I think my fave was the little flourishes in April Again. he gets some help from whispy sounding ladies and tambourine on other tracks such as Rainbows are Back in Style and That Old Time Feelin'.

The Lonely Bull - Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass: okay, they probably only really have one tune and every album is, like, ten variations on it, but it's so catchy.

Where You're Concerned - Perry Como: he sounds really good here for a 65 year old man that's been singing a long time. Anyhoo, tunes cover a wide range of contemporary and older songs, from Greensleeves to You Light Up My Life. found my toes tapping many times. yeah, I'm getting old.

Labels: