Monday, July 21, 2008

things could get interesting....

I got a letter a few weeks ago that one of my credit cards was being canceled. They claimed it was for delinquencies with another account and I thought, "sure, whatevs, why not just admit it's because I rarely use this account?" went ahead and ordered my credit report and it showed up today and apparently I changed my name and moved to California and became a deadbeat sometime last year.

I'm thinking it's a clerical error because I reviewed my credit report back in March. (ADP thought perhaps they had lost some of my info in the mail and told me to put a fraud alert on my credit info) and there wasn't anything about the name change or the collections last year on my report at that time.

but they insist on doing everything by snail mail, so it will be a while before it gets resolved. blech.

Labels: