Wednesday, October 21, 2009

so as usual, things not as bad as I imagine they will be....

I learned a lot about recent trends in resumes today and also how this company will help with job searching. Funny (to me) part was when we went around the room answering the "What is one of your weaknesses" question and I froze by the time they got to me because I'd been thinking of really amusing (to me) answers. The instructor talked about how when you answer that question you want to be able to also say how you address that problem. Usually when I've been asked that I just say that sometimes I work too fast and either make more mistakes than usual or I'm not able to explain exactly why I did something if someone else asks and it's not always the most efficient method after all.

so, here, in no particular order are things I came up with:

"Lately, I have a hard time staying focused at work, but I have drugs for that"

"I hate answering stupid questions. NEXT!"

"I don't like talking to people on the phone, and if I do my job right, I shouldn't have to. ever."

"I don't do more than one thing at a time. It's an introvert thing, it's not changing anytime soon"

(for mom) "You call it lazy, I call it efficient"

Labels: