Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wish I'd had my camera

Was out walking the dogs today and RTO was quite a bit ahead of me and Roxie. Then he stopped near the edge of the foresty part of the trail and once I got close enough told me there was a snake there. I was thinking, "yeah, okay, I've seen snakes here before, no big" but then I finally spotted it and it was the biggest snake I've ever seen not in captivity. I was thinking probably three to four feet long, but also thought I might be misremembering, but RTO said he figured it was about five feet long. Anyhoo, he just stared at us as we walked by. did a quick search and think he was probably a water snake of some sort. He had a diamond pattern on his back, but I can't remember exactly what it looked like and can't remember if he was mostly dark or maybe was lighter on the bottom. oh well. we lived.

Labels: