Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday recording...

ha ha, yes! haven't transferred much yet, but there's a local thrift store that has 99 cent records. Most of them are kinda scary and moldy, but I can usually find a few gems. so today I'm recording new to me things....

Christmas Hymns and Carols - Mario Lanza: mostly traditional things here, some interesting arrangements. Jumped when the deep voice announced each king before his verse in We Three Kings. One of the peppiest O Holy Nights I've ever heard, NTTAWWT. and one thing I hadn't heard before, Guardian Angels.

Gluck: Orfeo ed Euridice - Highlights: okay, this didn't come from the thrift store, but anyhoo, it's got Marilyn Horne singing Orfeo, so I figured it was worth the somewhat higher Half Price Books price. meh. everyone sounds great, this just isn't my cup of tea musically speaking. probably should be, but not today.

Labels: