Saturday, July 01, 2006

When organists attack....

so, I'm singing for a cousin's wedding in August. I'd met with them a couple weeks ago to talk about what music they wanted. since then they've met the organist. so I got a call tonight letting me know that things are changing. no big, mom had given me a heads up on this a few days ago and the things i'll be singing now are pretty standard. so one song was turned down because it was secular, and the other, if i've been told the right thing... because the organist just doesn't like it. so let me throw out another fun phrase, Sacred Monsters, my understanding of this is it's someone that's very talented and very difficult to get along with, but people put up with them because of their talent. that's what popped into my head as my cousin repeats, "but he's a realllly good musician"