Tuesday, January 02, 2007

yes, more records.....

Allen Hanlon picks Leroy Anderson: I remember I got this one at a Tulsa Opera Guild rummage sale shortly before we moved to Dallas, don't think I've ever listened to it before now, though. Anyhoo, you may know Leroy Anderson from such hits as Sleigh Ride, The Typewriter and Syncopated Clock.

Whipped Cream & Other Delights - Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass: first track, A Taste of Honey, skipped. #@$^%&! went to amazon to see what a used cd might be had for. $7.80 for a 40th anniversary edition with two bonus tracks! Or, for something different, from about a year ago.... WC&OD, Re-whipped.

Octopussy music composed and conducted by John Barry: apparently I liked this one so much I bought it twice! actually it's probably just that I rarely come across James Bond soundtracks that don't cost an arm and a leg and I just didn't know I had this one already.

Persuasive Percussion: I think I also have two copies of this one, but it was because they were sneaky and changed the name or cover or something. couldn't track the other one down just now, but perhaps it isn't recorded in Quadrophonic sound. ugh, I'll have to hook this new turntable up to the receiver some day and see if that's all it's cracked up to be.

Music from Million Dollar Movies - Fiedler/Boston Pops: Laura again. and I guess a million dollars was a big thing in 1960.

Labels: