Sunday, February 11, 2007

falling down on the job....

oh well, haven't done any recording in a while, so I'll try to make up for lost time tonight.

Mad About the Boy - Andre Previn: all of the songs except Skylark are from musicals. just, not, musicals i've ever heard of, with the exception of Anything Goes. That's always mind boggling to think about, how many musicals have been written and produced and how few survive. and then to see how many what I would call jazz standards come from these old musicals.

Bongos/Flutes/Guitars - Los Admiradores: yeah, so I love odd instrumentation. I could understand calling this one Bongos! maybe. cause, while there are flutes and guitars, there are also piano and vibraphone. I'm not sure why flutes and guitars won out for the title. oh well.

bailando boleros - Chick Tally y su conjunto: this somehow found it's way from Chile to an antique shop somewhere near me. I recognized Perfidia and lots of organ and piano solos.

Labels: