Saturday, March 31, 2007

whole lot o' nothin'

it's been the busiest do nothing weekend I think I've seen in a while. w007! was up til three or four last night watching Chinatown. today I watched Sisters (cause Treacher recommended it, oh, and go check out his response to Rosie's "fire doesn't melt steel" comment) and Diary of a Madman (cause I love Vincent Price and cheesy gothic movies from the 60's). got some knitting done at the same time.

also recorded/converted Gounod's Faust with Kiri Te Kanawa, Francisco Araiza, Evgeny Nesterenko, conducted by Sir Colin Davis. a bit lighter sounding Dame Kiri than I usually think of, the recording was made in '86. didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, I decided to do some reading instead of following along with the libretto. who knows, maybe i'll learn this one for fun, in my free time, somewhere I've got a scary recording of me singing the Jewel Song. ;D

speaking of free time, i'm about to have less of it. upcoming performances (if anyone's interested) are The Tender Land with The Living Opera and then The Secret Garden with Repertory Company Theatre. (if you're free next weekend you might check out their annual fundraiser, Broadway's Best. you can see Susan there.)

and then somewhere in there, more than likely, RTO will come home. yipee!

Labels: ,