Monday, June 11, 2007

adventures in moving...

One of the scribalistas has moved/is moving from Illinois to Arizona. with a cat. You can read about it here.

Years ago, I got to drive maggie and Carlos down here to Texas. It was only a five hour drive, thankfully, but about twenty minutes in I wasn't sure we were going to make it. They were in a carrier on the front passenger seat and I look over and Carlos was panting. He'd also been yelling at me the whole time. So I stopped and tried taking him out and petting him, but it didn't calm him down any and then he didn't want to go back into the carrier, and maggie didn't want him in there with her either. Finally got him in there and started driving. He kept yelling at me until he finally conked out at the Red River. Not sure what I would do if we had to move again. maybe try Candy's method.

Labels: ,