Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday records

finishing up the Festival of Faith

Record 6 - Sunday Morning Memories: I don't remember ever singing or hearing The Church in the Wildwood or Brighten the Corner Where You Are, but whatever.

Record 7 - Songs of God and Country - Songs of Praise...of Thanks...Of Love: most more traditional arrangements of stuff, which I can live with. Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing was kinda cheesy, I think there was some banjo in there. album closed out with Bing Crosby singing Ave Maria. okay. and I know some people think Jim Nabors has a wonderful voice, but there's something in there that bothers me. I'll be listening and thinking, "hmmm, that's nice" then, "what the? oh, it's Jim Nabors." I think it's an odd diction thing occassionally. can't quite pin it down.

Labels: