Saturday, February 09, 2008

tonight's musical movie rambling....

last week Turner Classic Movies had a little Mario Lanza run and I recorded a couple of the movies and added what I could to the netflix queue. Anyhoo, so tonight I watched The Toast of New Orleans. it didn't have as many staged opera bits as the others I've watched so far, and the only one he did in this movie was particularly entertaining because of how they worked it into the plot. (you can find a brief description and translation here)



so after this there's a cute bit where he chases her around the theater and everyone is helping him keep track of her. she locks herself in her dressing room and he kicks open the door and she's all calm and just says, "Oh, did you want to talk to me about something?" THE END. anyway, I just loved the look of panic she has.

Labels: