Friday, May 09, 2008

Musical Friday....

Camelot: I've never seen this show, but I've heard a lot of the tunes. This is the movie soundtrack and like most movies of the time the singing is kinda anemic. about half of the first side was useless since there was something on it (paint? someone sneezed on it? I dunno) still managed to get Camelot and I loved you Once in Silence and If Ever I Would Leave You though so I guess I'm happy.

Fiddler on the Roof - Original Broadway Cast: I'm more familiar with the movie soundtrack for this one, so maybe I'm biased, but this was *ahem* "different" than what I'm used to. (RTO's comment, "Why is he singing Tevye all wrong?") Zero Mostel played it much more broad than I think an audience would accept/like nowadays and the women were all on the heavily nasal side. Do you Love Me? almost had me stabbing a pen in my ears to make the pain stop.

Labels: