Sunday, June 08, 2008

order is restored....

had gone a couple days without a Streetcar excerpt. Now the ipod is playing Don't you Love these rainy afternoons? I need to break down and watch this turkey at some point, I guess.

while I'm rambling about opera stuff, I watched this production of Abduction from the Seraglio and wouldn't recommend it. The camera work was really distracting, sometimes just showing people's hands and waists and/or crotches. and usually I expect to see the person that's singing, not close-ups of other people not singing or waiting for their entrance back stage. but maybe they figured that was better than what the singers were doing, which didn't always make sense to me. Blonde in particular was hard to watch, she had so much extraneous, clumsy movement. (Like taking her shoes off and rolling around on the ground. for why?) and yet, I sat through the whole thing. oh well.

Labels: