Tuesday, July 10, 2012

retail therapy....

apparently I didn't have an appointment today, but I was all dressed up so I stopped at a couple half price books stores. so, um, adding to the pile, A Confederacy of Dunces, Barrel Fever, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, House of Sand and Fog, the curious incident of the dog in the night-time, and The Historian.  I also found some cds and music and comics.

And then I finished Atonement.  knowing the end from having seen the movie kind of destroyed it. All I can say is Old Briony comes off as less jerky in the book, to me anyway. but then maybe knowing what was coming helped soften it a bit. we'll never know.

so hopefully, I'll read more than one book before adding any more. Think I may have time to read Interview with the Vampire before RTO gets home and possibly read some trash.

Labels: