Thursday, December 21, 2006

awkward office moment.....

so yesterday they had a secret santa gift exchange at work. we drew names last week, fortunately I knew the person whose name i drew. anyway.... I got a candle in a cute little ceramic canister. pretty sure it's peppermint scented, my favorite. anyway.... later in the day i'm walking down the hall and this lady behind me starts calling, "Laura..... Laura...." so I stopped and before I could tell her I wasn't Laura she told me she drew my name and did I like the candle? I said, "yes! is it... is it mint?"

"oh no, no, it's blackberry" she replied.

I told her I don't have a very good sense of smell (true) but that I liked it. well, we all have work to do. Later I asked my supervisor if there is a Laura in the office and she said yes and not to worry because the lady I talked to was usually kind of out of it.