Tuesday, December 11, 2007

the end is in sight....

the end of the Christmas albums that is. I've got one boxed set left to record, but first....

The Great Songs of Christmas Volume six: I've talked about this one before because it's one of my favorites. It's still up there. there's just so much packed onto one record. Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis, the New Christy Minstrels, Ray Conniff, Bing Crosby, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and yet more people you've probably never heard of. ugh, Carlos and I have started our afternoon battle of wills. he's determined to sit on my lap no matter what. anyway, nothing too crazy on this album, just good, solid Christmas tunes.

Back Home for Christmas - Record 1: The first side is religious stuff, the second side is more "contemporary" there's various artists and as usual (it's a Reader's Digest boxed set) a good mix of vocalists and instrumentals. A couple of interesting bits... Julie Andrews sings a tune written by Sir Arthur Sullivan of It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and there's a different version of I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day sung by Henry Belafonte. I'm probably biased, but I kinda prefer the more well known tunes and there's probably a reason they're well known. Anyhoo, RTO will be happy there's a track of Kate Smith singing It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas. ;D

Labels: